Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Gluten-free Bread

This was my first attempt to gluten-free bread. The result was pretty satisfying.
I think one could add cooked quinoa or brown rice to this recipe or substitute a part of the flour with these ingredients. Adding nuts or gluten-free oats would be an option as well, I guess.

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 egg
0.5 cup buttermilk
1.25 cups flour mix (I used 2 tablespoons corn starch, 0.5 cup teff, 0.3 cup chickpea and brown rice flour)
0.5 teaspoon salt
0.5 teaspoon baking soda

Preheat the oven to 375°F (180°C) and prepare a small baking pan (I used a 8x15x5 cm pan). Mix the wet ingredients and then add the dry ones (premix them in a separate bowl). Be sure to just mix everything and not overdo the dough.
Transfer in a baking pan and bake for approximately 20 min.

Update May 8, 2009:
I added half a cup of cooked red rice and only used 1 cup of flour (half teff, half chickpea). It turned out very nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment